The 13th Annual Hook & Ladder Golf Tournament was held on Thursday, August 27th, at the Red Cloud Golf Course near Red Cloud, NE. In order to field a team in the 4-person scramble, at least one team member must be on their local fire department or local EMS department.
GTA Insurance Group partners with Farmers Mutual of Nebraska (Gold Sponsor), EMC Insurance Companies and Nationwide (Silver Sponsors) as corporate sponsors of this charity golf outing. Prize money is collected from these corporate sponsors, and team entry fees as well as hole sponsorships from several other companies allow 100% of the proceeds (minus golf course expenses) to be paid back to the participating teams.
We so appreciate all the hard work and dedication that our local, volunteer first responders provide to those in need. This tournament allows us to give them a small portion of the recognition they deserve. The tournament was once again a huge success this year:
- 4 placings were awarded in 4 different flights – $1,240 was paid per flight making the grand total tournament payout $4,960
- 16 Rural Fire Departments participated, making up a total of 28 separate teams.
We want to send a special thank you to all that were in attendance and to all the GTA staff that helped organize and run this tournament.
All participants received a participation prize full of GTA promo.
Posted below are the 2020 tournament results:
- Superior Fire Dpt #2 ($460) – Mike Fenimore, Trent Siebecker, Blake Erickson & Barry Blackstone
- Blue Hill Fire Dpt #2 ($360) – Tim Waterbury, Trent Jordening, Alex Buschow & Jordan Juranek
- Clay Center Fire Dpt ($260) – John Story, Tim Messenger, Shawn Hoffman & Mike Wolfe
- Guide Rock Fire Dpt #3 ($160) – Jarrett Yelken, Neal Mertens, John Ely & Damion Cornell
- Red Cloud Fire Dpt #2 – Ryan Zimmerman, AJ Lockhart, Dan Conway & Darin Barnes
- Campbell Fire Dpt – Reid Choquette, Scott Schmidt, Doug Hall & Joe Glesinger
- Ruskin Fire Dpt #1 – JC Hinz, Reed Hofts, Trent Sorenson & Dan Schluefer
- Fairfield Fire Dpt #2 – Perry Ridgeway, Sam Nejezcleb, Craig German & Clay Fisher
- Blue Hill Fire Dpt #4 – Darren Bolte, Hank Seeman, Cody Phillips & Derick Phelps
- Lawrence Fire Dpt #4 – Bob Hofstetter, Larry Faimon, Coke Troudt & Dave Kimminau
- Hildreth Fire Dpt #1 – Darren Schenk, Joel Planter, Mike Garrett & Kelly Wernken
- Red Cloud Fire Dtp #3 – Ian Olson, Wes Olson, Buck Young & Dustin McCleary
- Hildreth Fire Dpt #2 – Bob Greening, Tom Kruse, Jeff Jelden & Dan Burki
- Lawrence Fire Dpt #1 – Greg Pohlemier, Mak Haba, Brett Kohmetscher & Dave Kohmetscher
- Fairfield Fire Dpt #1 – Casey Kluver, Suzie Kluver, Todd Deines & Allen Newman
- Lawrence Fire Dpt #3 – Bob Menke, Gary Buescher, Rod Ostdiek & Gerald Buschkoetter
Flag Prize Winners
- Closest 2nd Pin – Hank Seeman
- Closest 2nd Pin on 2nd – Darin Barnes
- Longest Putt – Tim Mesinger
- Closest to the Pin on Tee Shot – Nick Mizner
- Longest Drive in Fairway – Barry Blackstone
- Longest Putt Made From on Green – Dalton Green
- Closest to Pin on Tee Shot – Bob Menke
- Closest to the Pin From Anywhere Off the Green – John Schutte
- Closest 2nd Shot – J C Hinz