The 12th Annual Hook & Ladder Golf Tournament was held on Thursday, August 29th, at the Red Cloud Golf Course near Red Cloud, NE. In order to field a team in the 4-person scramble, at least one team member must be on their local fire department or local EMS department.
Gary Thompson Agency partners with Farmers Mutual of Nebraska (Gold Sponsor), EMC Insurance Companies and Nationwide (Silver Sponsors) as corporate sponsors of this charity golf outing. Prize money is collected from these corporate sponsors, and team entry fees as well as hole sponsorships from several other companies allow 100% of the proceeds (minus golf course expenses) to be paid back to the participating teams.
We so appreciate all the hard work and dedication that our local, volunteer first responders provide to those in need. This tournament allows us to give them a small portion of the recognition they deserve. The tournament was once again a huge success this year:
- 5 placings were awarded in 3 different flights – $1,500 was paid per flight making the grand total tournament payout $4,500
- 15 Rural Fire Departments participated, making up a total of 30 separate teams.
We want to send a special thank you to all that were in attendance and to all the GTA staff that helped organize and run this tournament.
All participants received a participation prize full of GTA promo.
** Pictured: Matt Hawley (GTA Hastings), Tyson Jordening (GTA Blue Hill), Blake Erickson (GTA Superior), & Tim Valleau (Farmers Mutual of Nebraska)
Posted below are the 2019 tournament results:
- Blue Hill Fire #2 ($500) – Tim Waterbury, Alex Buschow, Trent Jordening & Brandon Meyer
- Blue Hill Fire #1 ($400) – Jim Meyer, Terry Jordening, Wayne Bonifas & Tyson Jordening
- **GTA Wildcard – Given to Roseland Fire Dpt. ($300) – Tim Valleau, Trent Siebecker, Matt Hawley & Barry Blackstone
- Superior Fire #1 ($200) – Dave Williams, Mike Fenimore, Ryan Henderson & Blake Erickson
- Clay Center Fire ($100) – John Story, Mike Wolfe, Tim Messinger & John Pedrosa
**Roseland Fire Dpt Team Members: Jeremy Hemberger, Neil Hemberger, EJ Kothe & Zach Peter
- Lawrence Fire #1 – Greg Pohlmeier, Mark Haba, Dave Kimminau & Dave Kohmetcher
- Fairfield Fire #2 – Perry Ridgeway, Casey Luever, Susie Kluever & Justin Jarchow
- Lawrence Fire #2 – Wayne Hoelting, Wayne Kohmetscher, Brad Kohmetscher & Nathan Faimon
- Red Cloud Fire #1 – Curt Brumbaugh, Mark Zalman, Tim Meline & Mike Faimon
- Ruskin Fire #2 – Luke Kleen, Kevin Hinz, JC Hinz & Matt Vieselmeyer
- Red Cloud Fire #2 – Tom Hitchler, Dalton Long, Dan Vodicka & Kyle Prellwitz
- Superior Fire #2 – Ken Rempe, Ron Fryda, Brad Bouray & Donny Cassel
- Fairfield Fire #1 – Sam Nejezcheb, Todd Deines, Aaron Hyland & Shawn Hoffman
- Nelson Fire #2 – Nick Elledge, Jerry Bargen, Craig German & Travis Rothchild
- Guide Rock Fire #3 – Aaron Giger, Bruce Ohmstede, Zach Ping & Ron Duffy
Flag Prize Winners
- Closest to Pin on Tee Shot – Phil Schroer
- Closest to pin on 2nd Shot – Dave Williams
- Longest Putt Made on Green – Jeff Toepfer
- Closest to the Pin on Tee Shot – John Story
- Longest Drive in Fairway – Phil Schroer
- Longest Putt Made From on Green – Terry Jordening
- Closest to Pin on Tee Shot – Neil Mertens
- Closest to the Pin From Anywhere Off the Green – Wayne Hoelting
- Closest to Fireman’s Helmet in Fairway Off Drive – Dan Conway